Building a strong network of volunteers requires in part some marketing, a lot of grassroots efforts and person-to-person communication. That being said, Cataclysm Missions International will be having a vendor booth on October 3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during this year’s HopeFest in Prescott, Arizona.
And we need your help!
First, we need people to pray with us during this time. Without God in it, it becomes self-effort rather than His effort.
Second, without volunteers Nikole Hahn will be setting the booth up and manning it from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. without a break. So your help will give her the chance to take a lunch and relax as well as take the pressure off of her during the day. It will also allow her to run to Staples to make more copies if need be.
We have broken up the day into two-hour increments and would love to see people from different churches represented, because that illustrates CMI’s belief that all churches should work together. Each volunteer will get a name tag with a first name, what church they attend, and CMI’s website. If we can get two volunteers per shift, this would greatly help. House churches and small groups welcome, too!
- Familiarize yourself with CMI by reading the website. Flyers and applications will be at the table. You will be there to answer questions about CMI. A sign up sheet for people who would like follow-up conversations will be available. Bringing your smart phone is encouraged for sneak peaks or church look ups.
- Prayer and Church Partners. A sign up sheet will be at the table for those who are looking for a church home. You may feel free to pray for people at our booth or tell them about your church or other churches in the area. Getting their name and number enables CMI to connect them with a church or continue the conversation about churches in the area after HopeFest is done.
- Drinks and Snacks will be provided to all volunteers, but you’ll need to bring your own lunch or money for lunch.
- Sign Up Volunteers For CMI. Our goal is to use this vending table to promote interest in Christians to participate with CMI as a Community Volunteer, a Social Media Missionary, or as a Writer by telling them about how God can use them in CMI and by handing them an application. People can fill out the applications there, and the timeline for decision is two weeks to 30 days. Or they can mail them in.
- Two Newsletter Sign Up’s include CMI’s monthly highlights and Nikole Hahn’s missionary updates.
Deadline to Volunteer: September 15.
Join us from 9 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. on October 3 to pray for the day. Anyone welcome.
Volunteer Times – Use contact form below to sign up.
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
12 p.m. – 2 p.m.:
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.:
We will meet together after the deadline of September 15 at a coffee shop to answer any questions before the October 3 day. Time and place would be up to the availability of all volunteers.
Nikole Hahn may ask you to fill out a short questionnaire about your beliefs.
Please feel free to pass this on to your church, house church, or small group leadership for consideration. You may place this in some form in your bulletins or newsletters. People may contact Nikole Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional: A special thank you and listing of volunteers will be posted to CMI’s website after October 3. This is our way of thanking you through cross-networking. So, if we know you are a writer, a business owner, or a church, we will list your websites and name with your permission on the thank you post.