Google Image Search and Pinterest do not guarantee copyright-free photos. Most people who own the photos will gladly allow you to use their photos with attribution, but only if you ask permission. Be aware of those who have used photos (knowingly or unknowingly) illegally who give you permission.
There are several places to find free images or a license that allows you to use the images free with certain restrictions:
- Canva: Excellent place to build your own photos. Their images are free or are just $1.
- StockSnap.io: This is a new account, but so far it’s easy to get to the photos and download.
- Unsplash: Unsplash has beautiful, high resolution photos. Tip: Be sure to re-size them for use on the web as they are huge in size.
- Lightstock: Lightstock isn’t completely free, but they offer free photos every so often. The only thing I don’t like about them is how much memory they use when you attempt to login and search their photo library.
- Morguefile: This is a very large library of images that you can use. Watch the licensing. You can’t use it by itself. Modify it and you can use it.