Missionaries send newsletters. During Christmas, most of us send nearly blank Christmas cards with just a signature or a long letter summing up the year. Maybe we read those letters and maybe we don’t, but we appreciate the thought and effort that goes into them. Social Media allows us to frequently communicate every day with each other. What if you shared your faith in a monthly or weekly newsletter to just your family and friends? How can you influence your family to think and act differently in these divisive times? How can you share your stories with them privately?
Email has a 50% open rate on most commercial markets. It should be part of your faith sharing tools.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open an account on mailchimp.com.
- Follow the prompts.
- Upload your email addresses into lists such as “family,” “family and friends,” and “friends.”
- Choose graphics from copyright-free sites such as unsplash.com and resize them to 600-800 pixels.
What can the email look like?
- One high resolution photograph that supports your story.
- See this example of a fine and short newsletter.