Celebrating Our Writers Past and Present!
Five Fold Ministry In The Church
- Apostle- Govern
- Prophet- Guide
- Evangelist- Gather
- Pastor- Guard
- Teacher- Ground
The Five Fold Ministry is necessary for a church to function properly and effectively. We must accept the fact that God has ordained leadership among his people for three reasons:
- The perfecting of the saints.
- The work of the ministry.
- The edifying of the Body of Christ.
Examples of Leadership:
- Moses- Exodus 3:10
- Joshua- Joshua 1:9
- Jesus- Matthew 4:19
- Paul- 1 Corinthians 4:16
- Timothy- 2 Timothy 2:15
Although God has placed those individuals to lead the people, they cannot be expected to do everything in a church. That is why the leader’s purpose is to teach and train up other leaders to help and minister to those in the offices of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher. God has so ordained that the church can only accomplish her divinely inspired goals in life through qualified and dedicated leadership within the church.
In Acts 6:1-2, the Apostles faced what problem?
Undue administrative responsibilities.
In Acts 6:3-6, how did they solve this problem?
By appointing godly people to do the work.
In Acts 6:7, what was the result of this delegation?
“The Word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly.”
What is a Leader?
- A leader is one who can get others to follow.
- A leader is one who has the ability to rally others for a common purpose and motivate them to achieve their goal.
- A leader is one who secures willing cooperation to do the job the way they want it done.
- A leader is one who is the head of a group, showing the best possible way to obtain their objective.
Christian Leadership is leadership motivated by love and given over to service. Leadership that has been subjected to the control of Christ.
Attributes of Christian Leadership
- Selfless dedication- dedicated selflessly.
- Courage- boldness.
- Decisiveness- making decisions.
- Persuasiveness- persuading people.
- Humility-giving credit to others.
- Compassion- human expression of Christ’s concern for an individual.
Jesus was our example:
- He focused on people, John 21.
- He focused on scriptures, Matthew 5:21-28.
- He focused on himself, John 14:9.
Three kinds of people:
- Those who don’t know what is happening.
- Those who watch things happen.
- Those who make things happen.
A leader will know what is happening, and instead of watching, will be a key factor in making it come to pass.